Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Weaving and Spinning 101

Well I allowed the kids to pick out their own yarn for a project and Zoe picked out pink, of course, so here is a photo of two cloths that we wove together.... 
I think that these two wash cloths turned otu very nice.  Plain weave can shine with use a color and texture and I hope that this first try is only the beginning.

Next, I received my new drop spindle and decided to learn how to use it.  I have a lot to learn but it is a start.  Below is some of the yarn I've spun.  It's think and thin because I have been learning how to use it but I'm getting better.


Here is the fiber I'm spinning.  I can't wait to weave it and see how it turns out, but I'm slow so it'll be a while.  I love the gentle colors.  This is hand painted fiber and so the exact coloration is unique.  I think I'm planning a scarf for it.  It is wool, bamboo and nylon.

No comments:

Post a Comment