Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Book Reviews!

Books! Books!  Books!  Up until I met Brian, I had my nose in a book and my head in a cloud.... then marriage and children and a photography business took more of my reading time, which in turn slowed down dramatically.  On the other hand, what I have been reading has been more significant and educational...apologetics, and books that will enable my learning.  I have never abandoned fiction though.... So...I have now signed up to be a blogger reviewer for BookSneeze.com (I believe they are Thomas Nelson Publishers) and Tyndale.  I am really excited.  Zoe, my last little one, will be starting kindergarten, and so I'm going to have extra time to read, and improve my photography/photoshop skills...with the possibility of keeping a cleaner house... although I won't count on that! 
     I have requested a book from each... the first is "Has God Spoken" by Hank Hanegraaf.  I look forward to how he presents his proof for the divine inspiration of the Bible...Will it be easy to read or will I have to wade through it?  We'll see!
     From Tyndale, I have requested "It's Your Kid, Not a Gerbil" by Kevin Lehman.  I'm excited about this one.  I heard Dr. Lehman speaking about this on Focus on the Family and it really piqued my interest.  I know so many families who are running from activity to activity...competing in everything or competing with everyone...keeping up with the Jones' - that I think this book will be a breathe of fresh air...Will it?  We'll see.
    I know that The book "Has God Spoken" will come first. So look for my review on that one.  BookSneeze sends their books at the time of request. But Tyndale waits until there are a particular number requested to send theirs out. So we'll be waiting...although since this book is just released I suspect it won't be a LONG wait!    These two books will be my first, but I hope not my last.  I guess time will tell! See ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment