Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Gabby, God's Litlte Angel by Sheila Walsh


Gabby, God’s Little Angel

Sheila Walsh

Thomas Nelson



This is the story of a guardian angel in training by the name of Gabby (she talks a lot). She is given the task of watching over a little girl names Sophie who is a lot like her. I was really excited to read this book to my 5 year old daughter, the intended audience. She loved it. It’s her favorite story.

The illustrations are beautifully executed. They are my favorite part of the book. The sparkles on the cover were captivating for my 5 year old! I liked the concept of showing children that God has angels watching over them, and that He loves them. It’s important to know how He loves us. The little childlike angels are cute and will attract the attention of the kids.

On the other hand, I disliked the use of three different fonts. It was distracting to be looking at so many different font styles. I would stick to two fonts and keep a consistent placement of the illustrated font. For example, I would keep the large font at the beginning, or on one page, but not in between and here and there. It makes it hard to read.

There was also an error regarding riding her horse. On one page she says she is riding it for the first time, but on the next page it shows her riding it backwards the summer before. Most kids won’t notice this discrepancy.

On another note, angels are a venue that God uses to protect us (because of His love), but His love is greater than that. I would like to see children’s books that have more of the gospel.

Overall, I thought this was a book that I could enjoy with my daughter and use it to teach about how God protects us because He loves us.

This book was provided by Thomas Nelson’s BookSneeze.com book review blogger’s program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my very own. I am disclosing this according to the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment