Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Has God Spoken by Hank Hanegraaff


Has God Spoken? Proof of the Bible’s Divine Inspiration

Hank Hanegraaff

Thomas Nelson Publishers





When I ordered this book I was excited to read it! I love apologetics and love reading apologetics books. I had never heard of Mr. Hanegraaff previous to reading this book, hence I had never heard his radio show. So I didn’t know what to expect.

So what exactly is his book about? Mr. Hanegraaff creates a structurally sound framework for defending the Bible in regards to its divine inspiration. His use of acronyms, while a bit overwhelming at first, is a manageable way to remember the material presented. So what is the material and is it sufficient? Although I will not give away all of his acronyms and info. I will present his overall acronym of MAPS…. Manuscript COPIES (another acronym), Archaeologists SPADE, Prophetic STARS, & Scriptural LIGHTS. Within each section, he gives valid arguable support for the inspiration of the scriptures. It is not exhaustive, which I would not expect, but sufficient. It is enough to create a solid foundation on which to extend your learning about scripture and its inerrancy.

Now in regards to Mr. Hanegraaf’s style…Since I was unaware of his writing style and eschatological beliefs previous to this read, I didn’t go into reading it with any preconceived notions. So let me address these briefly. My main problem with the book is that he tends to use a lot of big words, that although his radio audience and professionals (for want of a better word) would understand. These words or labels can have a multitude of meaning for those who are not versed in them from his perspective. I would like for him to at least have defined them for his readers in order to create a level playing ground of understanding if not agreement. If you are going to use the word fundamentalist, make sure that readers who are unfamiliar have your definition. This would be considerate of those who may be picking up the book but are not familiar with the politics.

Some of Mr. Hanegraaff’s eschatological beliefs come through and whether or not you believe the same as he does in regards to certain Biblical concepts, I think you can appreciate his delivery of the tools for analyzing scripture. Whether or not you agree with his use of the tools, the tools presented are efficient and effective for learning about the inerrancy of scripture and the process of discovering it.



This book was provided by Thomas Nelson’s BookSneeze.com book review blogger’s program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my very own. I am disclosing this according to the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment