Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

It couldn't Just Happen...Knowing the Truth about God's Awesome Creation



It Couldn’t Just Happen… Knowing the Truth about God’s Awesome Creation

By Lawrence O. Richards

Thomas Nelson Publishers



I chose this e-book because I have a nine year old in the public school system, and I wanted to see if it was a book that could help me to show him the truth about creation, evolution and how to understand the thought processes behind those two world views. I also chose it because I enjoy books on the subject.

I really enjoyed reading the e-book. In fact, it is the first e-book that I have read. I wish it had been on an e-reader but it was nice to read on my pc as well. This book is geared towards the 9-12 year old age group. The writing wasn’t too simple, and the words and ideas were communicated clearly for the audience intended.

This book is not a science textbook teaching facts to memorize and regurgitate. It is a book with an apologetic bent that presents ideas/theories from evolution, then presents why it couldn‘t just happen. There are facts presented and thinking exercises to help you ponder the material. I really liked that it explained to me a few scientific ideas that I had wondered about but never knew the definition. For example…. Red shift and how it is used to estimate the distance of stars.

I also liked how the author brought in scripture, but not overwhelmingly so. It was appropriate for the material and discussion. I liked the photos, and would have loved to have seen more of them. I would recommend this book to parents who want to present creation as opposed to evolution to their children in public school, and I think homeschoolers as well can benefit from seeing both ideas and an effective presentation of truth. I also appreciate the apologetic on the inerrancy of scriptures at the end.

I look forward to having my 9 year old read it and eventually my 7 and 5 years olds when they are at that reading level.



This book was provided by Thomas Nelson’s BookSneeze.com book review blogger’s program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my very own. I am disclosing this according to the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment