Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Realms Thereunder by Ross Lawhead



The Realms Thereunder

The Ancient Earth Trilogy

By Ross Lawhead.

Thomas Nelson Publishers

Adventure, mystery, mysticism, ancient England and modern England meet in this new novel by Ross Lawhead. This debut story focuses on two characters Daniel Tully and Freya Reynolds who wander into the struggle between evil and good in the underground realms of England which are steeped in magic and adventure. It is counter pointed between Daniel and Freya’s present day adventure and an adventure they had 8 years previously. It also throws in another bit of a storyline that is woven together to create a compelling fantasy story.

I really enjoyed this fantasy book. I read it quickly, as I do most books that I really enjoy. I thought Mr. Lawhead’s descriptive writing was done well. His characters were well rounded and I enjoyed getting to know them. On the down side, although I love books of this genre, I did feel hesitant about some of the mystical ideas that were used, and wouldn’t quite expect it in a book from Thomas Nelson. I also did get lost at one point in the storyline but quickly found my way….a little like the characters I guess. LOL!

Overall, I believe that this book will be a delight to fantasy lovers of all types. I am looking forward to reading the next installation of the trilogy…. And I have to wait a year to read it!

This book was provided by Thomas Nelson’s BookSneeze.com book review blogger’s program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my very own. I am disclosing this according to the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment