Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hermie A Common Caterpillar



Hermie a Common Caterpillar

Max Lucado

Tommy Nelson Publishers

Hmmmm….. Are you common? Do you wonder if God has a special plan for you? Max Lucado has created another fabulous book for children. This is the story of Hermie the caterpillar, a common caterpillar, who wonders why God made him common. He sees other creatures of God and compares himself to them. But Hermie, who talks to God and trusts Him, has something special awaiting…. You’ll have to read it to see it!

I read this book as an eBook…I debated between the two formats, but because my bookshelf is getting full, I chose this format. This book captures the struggle we all have with comparing ourselves with others and asking why God? It puts the struggle into a beautiful story and great format for kids to learn that God is not done with them yet, and that we need to trust Him to fulfill His plan in our lives.

Since this is an eBook, I can’t comment on the color! But the illustrations are wonderful and appropriate. The only thing I would comment on this format, is that sometimes there are pages without illustrations, which wouldn’t happen in a print book.

I highly recommend this book, in either format, for you and your children. I think we adults need to read stories like this regardless of the reading level or maybe because of it! My children really enjoyed the story…They love all of Max’s books….and this one is no different.

This book was provided by Thomas Nelson’s BookSneeze.com book review blogger’s program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my very own. I am disclosing this according to the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment