Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Night of the Living Dead Christian by Matt Mikalatos


Night of the Living Dead Christian

Matt Mikalatos



Werewolves, mad scientists, vampires and zombies and Christians… you can find them all in Matt Mikalatos’ new book Night of the Living Dead Christian. The story revolves around Matt, a mad scientist named Dr. Culbetron, his robot assistant Hibbs 3000, and a werewolf named Luther. They team up to help Luther to conquer his werewolf side. They are also running from the werewolf hunter - Borut. So will there find the answer for Luther? Will Luther be rescued from life as a werewolf? You will have to read it to find out.

In this allegory, the monsters represent types of people…and the journey is one we all find ourselves in. Some of us are zombies, some of us are robots, some of us are vampires or another monster, and some of us have been rescued. This story has humor in it, appeals to those of us who love fiction and monsters, and attempts to provide an answer for monsters who want to be changed.

I really enjoyed the chapters in which Luther the werewolf addresses the reader. Mikalatos wrote proficiently and profoundly. I think these few chapters were the most well written of the book. I especially enjoyed the ending which you will have to read for yourself. On the other hand, the rest of the book, I found myself wanting to skip sentences or paragraphs to get to the ‘good’ part, and often times I was lost as to where they were at in a time frame. I would like to have had better transitions. I would also have liked more in depth description and idea development. This book is on the lighter side, which I believe is it’s intent, but I think it could have gone deeper.

I did like the monster guide at the back, and the book was a good read. I would recommend it to anyone who likes monsters… and allegories .


This book was provided by Tyndale. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my very own. I am disclosing this according to the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brooke, thanks for the review. I'm glad you liked the ending, I was particularly pleased with the way that last bit turned out. Thanks for taking the time to read and share your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete