Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Wonder of Your Love by Beth Wiseman



The Wonder of Your Love

Beth Wiseman

Thomas Nelson Publishers

The Wonder of Your Love is the second book in the “Land of Canaan” series centering around the Amish. Community in Canaan, Colorado. The main character is Katie Ann, a widow at 40 and mother to a new son. She faces life after the abandonment of her husband and his subsequent death. She has the support of an outgoing English woman, Martha, who lives amongst the community without converting. But this story is a romance…. When Eli, a widower with 6 grown children, comes to visit his family in the community, he meets Katie and the story revolves around this storyline along with a few other supporting but lightly developed plots (which I hope she will add to in further books).

This story is a very enjoyable read, with engaging characters and a predictable outcome. I read this book over two evenings, and the author kept me intrigued throughout. I would have read it in one evening, but I ran out of time! I would have loved more development of the side plots the author introduced involving the character of Martha. Overall I would give recommend this book to anyone who loves romance and the Amish…..

This book was provided by Thomas Nelson’s BookSneeze.com book review blogger’s program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my very own. I am disclosing this according to the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment