Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Heroes and Villans of the Bible, compiled by Tama Fortner

Heroes and Villains of the Bible

Compiled by Tama Fortner

Tommy Nelson



So have you every stopped to study the heroes and villains of the Bible? Who are those heroes and villains? “Heroes and Villains of the Bible” is a compilation of Bible Texts that are focused on various characters of the Bible that are either Heroes or Villains. The book uses the International Children’s Bible version as its Biblical source, and gives us a solid presentation of God’s word. Each section is focused on either a hero or villain and gives a brief summary of the traits of a hero or villain as demonstrated in the story, and it always ties in the idea of what a hero does, is or knows. For example, “Heroes know that God never lies.” Many of the sections have a digitally illustrated picture to lead into the section. These illustrations were wonderful.

I really liked that this is a scripturally framed book. I think that this is important. I also liked the brief summaries at the end of each section. I downloaded and read this book on my kindle as well as my PC reading app. I liked it on the eReader, although the illustrations were far better in color on my PC than in black and white on my reader, but I enjoyed them either way. Not every story had an illustration, and I do wish that each did. My children loved them. One thing I would have liked would be a section with some critical thinking questions to help kids to go deeper. .

Overall, I think this is an awesome book and recommend it to the intended age range and even a little on either side. This book would work great for a daily devotional series with your child, something for them to read on their own, for Sunday school or even home school.

This book was provided by Thomas Nelson’s BookSneeze.com book review blogger’s program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my very own. I am disclosing this according to the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment