Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thank you God for Loving Me by Max Lucado

Thank You God for Loving Me

Read to Me Little Hermie

Max Lucado





Hermie the caterpillar is featured in this little board book for 9 months to about 4 years of age. In this Hermie book, Hermie prays to thank God for blessing him. First, he thanks God for loving him, and then for watching over him, for being at his side and more. This little book is geared towards about 9 months to 4 years old., although I think my 5, 7, &9 year olds would love it too.

The illustrations are really cute, and will appeal to the little ones. The book feels durable for little tykes too. I really liked that one illustration showed Hermie with a Bible. I believe it’s important to teach children about God’s word. One thing that I would like to see even in small children’s books are scriptures that support the story, even if it is one at the end. It is also a good book to help start a conversation with your toddler about thankfulness.

Overall, I enjoyed this little book, I love the illustrations, the rhyming, and how it teaches thankfulness to God. It will make a great bedtime storybook, or an anytime book.

This book was provided by Thomas Nelson’s BookSneeze.com book review blogger’s program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my very own. I am disclosing this according to the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment