Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Future Door by Jason Lethcoe

The Future Door

No Place Like Holmes Vol. 2

Jason Lethcoe

Step back into time and meet a young man named Griffin Sharpe who has amazing observational skills akin to the master detective Sherlock Holmes. Together wit his uncle Rupert Snodgrass, a mechanical genius, they embark on a quest to save the past, present and future from the Moriarties, who have stolen a time machine Rupert created.

This is the second book in the No Place Like Holmes book series. I had not read the first, which I wish I had, but this story holds its own and Mr. Lethcoe fills you in on details from the previous book which helped quite a bit. I enjoyed this story. It is appropriate for the age group 8-12 and is a fun way to introduce kids indirectly to Sherlock Holmes with a character their own age. I enjoyed the fun used of character names and the ending. I did think it started off a little slow in contrast to the quicker development of the ending. I would like to have seen more descriptive action and detective work.

I really like the sprinkling of morals throughout. Griffin at times throughout the story shows His trust in the Lord and at the end….. Well….. You will have to read that part yourself. I enjoyed the ending immensely . I also liked and enjoyed the mini mysteries at the end. I think they are good little thinking bits for kids and adults too. I’m giving this story 4 stars only because I believe the development could have been more consistent across the story.

This book was provided by Thomas Nelson’s BookSneeze.com book review blogger’s program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my very own. I am disclosing this according to the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment