Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

It is Dangerous to Be Right When the Government is Wrong by Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

It’s Dangerous to Be Right When the Government is Wrong

The Case for Personal Freedom

Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Sit down, pick up this book, read it and ponder what it is saying. Judge Napolitano presents the case for denigration of our personal freedoms by our government. He asks (as well as quotes from an anonymous source)…does the government exist to protect our freedoms, or do we exist to serve the government? Judge Napolitano surveys subjects from the Declaration of Independence , the right to own property, the freedom of speech, the freedom of association, the freedom to travel, the right to privacy, your own body, the right to self-defense, the right to petition the government, and more. He provides examples of how these rights have been trampled upon or taken away. He writes clearly and defines his terms so that you are on the same page.

I don’t normally read political books, and since I don’t have TV, I wasn’t familiar with the judge‘s positions prior to reading this book. Yet, I am glad that I have read it. It is an book that seeks to inform readers, and I believe it does just that. While I don’t agree with every idea that the judge discusses or proposes, I think that this book is a valuable read and should open its readers eyes to what we have lost. I did feel that his conclusion was short and would like more of his thoughts on how to bring about change, and would it even be possible in today’s society.



This book was provided by Thomas Nelson’s BookSneeze.com book review blogger’s program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my very own. I am disclosing this according to the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment