Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Chuck Swindoll's Paws & Tales


Chuck Swindoll's Paws & Tales Biblical Wisdom For Kids

DVD

Tyndale



Soap Box Derbies, go carts, forgiveness and cooperation are all tied together in this children's DVD that focuses on teaching children Biblical concepts. This particular DVD,number 8 in the series, is based on Ephesians 4:32 and Philippians 2:3-4 and includes two episodes that teach kids about being kind and caring. In episode #1, “The Hullabaloo at Hunker Hill,” C. J. and his friends learn a lesson in forgiveness and being tenderhearted toward one another. In “The Great Go-Kart Race,” the team discovers how to work together

I really enjoyed this DVD, and so did my children. The animation, though simple, was well done and engaging. The stories were well thought out and presented. I really liked that the overall feel to the stories didn't show a lot of stupidity that you see in secular cartoons, yet is was comparable in quality. The stories weren't overly filled with scripture but scripture was used appropriately and in a timely manner. The character of Papa Chuck, reminded me of a grandfatherly character filled with wisdom and kindness.

This is a good video for children and a great alternative to secular cartoons. I know my children will watch it over and over again– even my 10 year old!




This DVD was provided by Tyndale as part of their Bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review.


No comments:

Post a Comment