Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Here's Lily!


The Lily Series

Here's Lily!

By Nancy Rue

Thomas Nelson


In this story you meet Lily Robbins, a sixth grade girl who has red hair and the personality to go with it. Lily is often the brunt of her brother's jokes and a school bully's taunts. During a special girl's only class session, she is picked out by the instructor for modeling lessons, and the story develops from there. In the midst of her modeling classes, Lily obsesses with proving herself to everyone, especially the school bully. I don't want to give the ending away, but the modeling agent and another event teaches Lily a lesson on God confidence...instead of self-confidence.

I thought this book was cute and appropriate for a 10-12 year old girl. In a world that stresses physical beauty, Rue creates a simple storyline that encourages inner beauty. Her writing is age appropriate and will capture the attention of the intended age group.

I do believe that the teaching on God Confidence was not developed well enough. It fell short of really explaining God's take on confidence. Our confidence should be in Christ, but what does that confidence really mean? This whole concept was a little confusing.

Overall, I really liked the story, and I think when my daughter is a little older, she will enjoy it as well. I'm always looking for stories that will help shed a Biblical perspective in opposition to the world system, and this is one I will use with added explanation of our confidence in the work of God and His purposes.



I received this book from booksneeze.com and was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment