Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Les Miserables FOTF Radio Theatre Prod.

Les Miserables
Victor Hugo
FOTF Radio Theatre Prod.
Tyndale Publishers




Wow, another awesome Focus on the Family Radio Theatre production is available.  This latest production, Les Miserables,  follows in a long line of high quality audio drama.  I was quite excited to be able to receive this production.  I have seen the Broadway production and some movies, and at times felt a little lost in all the music since I wasn't familiar with the storyline prior to seeing them.  The quality of actors and acting, directing and more draw you into the story of Jean Val Jean and Cosette and the student revolutions in France. 
Since I have not read the book, I cannot attest to the accuracy of the presentation, but I felt that the story captured the essence of faith and a changed life and how it affects those around.  I didn't get lost in the story, although I would like more backstory about Fontine and Cosette than was provided.
Overall, it is a version that the whole family can enjoy together, and could draw a person into reading the whole of the book.  I would recommend this audio drama highly.

I was provided this book by Tyndale for an honest review.  I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment