Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Belly Dancing Anyone?

When I was in college, I went on a trip to the middle east, specifically Jordan, Israel and Syria.  One thing that I wanted to see was a belly dancer.  I didn't get to.  It actually took me coming to Nebraska to see a belly dancing performance. 
How it actually first started, I don't quite remember, but I did some portraits for a local belly dancer that she used on even posters at a performance at the Holland Events Center, and has used for her portfolio.  I also helped out on her Fine Arts festival that she organized by filming the show.  It was the first time I got to see a belly dancing performance.  I especially enjoyed the zills.  I knew that she offered classes and debated on it for a while.  She made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  So I spent this winter taking belly dancing lessons. My daughter tagged along. 
Our class ended this past weekend with a small performance for family and friends, and I actually got up in public and performed a dance with the group and then enjoyed the rest of the show.  My husband photoed my performance and I photographed the rest, including the practice.  So here are a few photos from the show... enjoy!




 


 
Here are zills......It was a lot of fun, and very tasteful. 
 
 
Here is one that was an awesome shot on a bad side of the stage, so I switched out backgrounds... and wah lah!

 
This was a great opening to Kerry's piece.....

1 comment:

  1. hey Brooke, you are a brave girl! I always enjoyed watching Heather do her dancing.

    ReplyDelete