Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

We have to apint what? and Why? Part 2 Getting started.

The weather here in Nebraska is unpredictable to some extent, but it wouldn't be Nebraska if that weren't true.    We bought the paint a week and a half ago, and lo and behold, snow came.  Lot's of wet snow piled down on us.  The wind blew, as it seems to always do, and we were delayed in getting started, but this week we have started.  It will take a while to get it done, between work, cattle tanks and well in need of repair, we are getting a but done here and there.  We plan on two coats of primer and then light green and cream.  So here we go.  Here are a few shots to show our meager start!


I think that light needs a cover.  I think it would look great with a mason jar over it.


 
We started at the bottom, due to it being windy and our ladder... well.. our ladder isn't the safest one.  I think we need to get a new one - a safer one.  But I have to say that it is a start to a good thing.  It's looking brighter already!  Now to get it finished... I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. Brooke, it's looking great! Having this all painted will lift your spirits and inspire you! Yea, go Brian! (hey, I think he missed a spot...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are still a lot of spots to cover, LOL! I think it will be nice to have this old house painted. ALthough Nathan my oldest, thinks that it should remain white. He basically told me that since he would inherit the house, that he wanted it to stay white for when he inherited. I told him he could repaint it then. It'll probably need it. Thanks Joy!

      Delete