Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

My Princess Devotions, Preschool Edition by Karen Whiting

My Princess Devotions, Preschool Edition
Karen Whiting
Tyndale Kids





Little girls will be delighted to receive this princess themed devotional filled with words from the King.  I got this because my 7 year old daughter just loves princesses and fairies and more, and I wondered if this would be a good book for her.  The exterior has artwork with princesses and some raised embossing for decoration, just right for little girls, preschool and older.  The question is... would God's Word be presented appropriately?  I think it was.
Each page is devoted to a day of the year and has a title, the Royal Words, Princess Thoughts,  A Prayer for the King, and Princess in Action sections.  The variety and subjects of the verses are well picked and show a wide range of verses that are great for anyone to learn.  The princess thoughts are explanations of the verses appropriate for a preschooler.  I didn't think any were out of line.  There is a brief prayer, and an action to go with the verse such as  showing your parents honor by obeying them, etc.  The thoughts do not go deep into meaning but  do provide sufficient information for the appropriate age level, although a few I thought digressed a little.
Overall, I would recommend this book for preschool and even up through about 7.  My daughter is excited about it, and I'm glad to let her have it.

I received this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own, and I was not required to give a positive opinion.  Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment