Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Snow on Tulips by Liz Tolsma







Snow on Tulips

Liz Tolsma

Thomas Nelson


Cornelia lost her husband to the ward on her wedding night, now she seeks to protect her impulsive brother from the Third Reich. Yet, something invades her tightly closed world.

Johan's sister has a tight leash on him in the name of protecting him, but he brings home Gerritt – a resistance worker wounded after being shot by the Germans. Now Cornelia, faced with a wounded man, makes the decision to nurse him to health, and the story takes off from there.

I really enjoyed this book. It is well written,and it brings the focus on the sovereignty of God. The characters are well developed, although I would like to have had the various side stories more deeply developed – e.g. develop the resistance workers and their missions, develop more of Johan's experiences, etc. I did like how she wove her sister's story into the book, although; again, I would like more development.

Overall, I would highly recommend this book, especially if you enjoy the WWII era.


I received this book from booksneeze.com for reviewing. The opinion is my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment