Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Plain Disappearance by Amanda Flower


A Plain Disappearance

An Appleseed Creek Mystery

By Amanda Flower



Imagine going on a date, romance is in the air, and so is murder. When Chloe and Timothy are on their first date, they come across the body of a murdered teenage Amish girl. Now they are plunged into a mystery that compels Chloe to investigate. Could it be Timothy's friend, Billy Thorpe, whose mysterious past makes him a suspect?

I'm not usually a reader of mysteries, but I have to confess, I read this book an enjoyed it. In fact, I read it in an afternoon. Flower creates a world that shows the imperfections and nuances of people, and the Amish. Her characters are realistic and enjoyable. I like that she has various characters, Chloe, an Englisher, Timothy, an former Amish, Timothy's little brother, and his sister who has left the Amish life. I also enjoyed how she had a particular character impacted for Christ by Chloe's life.
In regards to the mystery, she kept me guessing, although certain elements were predictable, others were well hidden until the necessary revealing. Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone who likes Amish literature or mysteries.
I received this book from the publisher, and was not required to give a positive review. All opinions on the book are wholly my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment