Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Redcoats Are Coming! The Imagination Station #13 Marianne Hering & Nancy I Sanders

The Redcoats Are Coming!
The Imagination Station #13 
Marianne Hering & Nancy I Sanders
Focus on the Family
Adventures in Odyssey
Tyndale Publishers



Oh how wonderful it would be if there was a real imagination station that I could jump into and travel to places known and unknown.  Until then, audio drama and books will have to be my imagination station.  This book, geared at ages 7 and up, takes us on an Imagination station journey with Patrick and Beth as they experience the events leading to the Revolutionary War firsthand with the likes of Paul Revere, John Hancock,  and fictional characters such as Sybil.  Their mission? To deliver a letter for Mr. Whitaker, and do they accomplish their mission?  You'll just have to read this book.

I found this book engaging and well written for the targeted age group, and my nine year old has his eyes on the story.   It's a good story to engage my children with American history from a Christian World view.  Although I do find myself needing to refresh my history, as I'm a little rusty.  Overall, I would recommend this book.  What's more, I am looking forward to the next installment to discover the continuing story....

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review, and all opinions are my own. 

1 comment: