Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

If I Had Lunch with C.S.Lewis by Alister McGrath


If I Had Lunch with C.S. Lewis

Alister McGrath

Tyndale Publishers



Sit down, grab a lap blanket, and cozy up with Alister McGrath as he takes us on some interesting jaunts through topics that we all face in life, and explores them from the perspective of one of the most respected Christian apologists of the 20th century. Briefly journey through Narnia, explore the Problem of Pain, consider the Pilgrim's Regress, as reflections of Lewis' life from his abandonment of atheism, into his journey into Christianity, friendship, grief and pain.

This was an engaging perspective on Lewis' life through short chapters that introduce a subject and then proceed to give brief biographical sketches of Lewis' thoughts and experiences. I found each chapter well written and a good length. I do suggest being familiar with some of Lewis' writings since there is an underlying assumption of familiarity with his work.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of Lewis, or interested in his work and some of the history behind it all. This book gives a peak into the life of Lewis, and is great for those who may not have time to devote to a full biography.



I was provided a review copy by the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review, and all opinions are my own.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment