Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Essential Atlas of the Bible


Essential Atlas of the Bible

Carl G. Rasmussen

Zondervan



Take a visual journey through Biblical history with this compact and concise atlas. It's 158 8x10” pages are packed with maps, photographs and illustrations that provide a thorough look at Biblical history. As you read you Bible, you can pull out this atlas to get a visual orientation on locations and people mentioned as you read. It also summarizes Biblical history and concurrent regional history in order to help you to get context for the passages being read.

I have found the atlas useful, especially as I have been reading I & II Chronicles. The charts made it easy for me to visualize the order of the kings of Israel and Judah mentioned in a linear fashion. The charts are colorful and relevant, the photographs are wonderful and the size of the book is great. It isn't overwhelming in size but handy enough to carry with my Bible and other study materials.
 
Overall, I would recommend this as a study tool, and enjoyed reading it.  I loved seeing photos of places I've been and have read about, and being able to study charts of historical events and people. 
 
I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to provide a positive review, and all opinions are my own.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment