Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Agents of the Apocolypse by Dr. David Jeremiah

Agents of the Apocalypse: A Riveting Look at the Key Players of the End Times
by Dr. David Jeremiah
Tyndale





Dr. Jeremiah has presented a book that focuses on the main players in the book of Revelation.   The key players or events are the apostle John in exile on Patmos, the martyrs, the 144,000 Jewish witnesses, the two witnesses, the dragon, the beast from the earth, the beast from the sea,  the Victor, and the Judge.  Each one is described through a scripturally based narrative and explained afterwards through scripture.
This book is not a comprehensive study of the book of Revelation, but a highlight.  The narratives each bring forth engaging characters and interesting storylines based on the scripture subject.  Each narrative is independent of the other, with the common thread of the books subjects. 
I wasn't sure how I felt about the book at first, because I hadn't thought about the narrative aspect of it when I started to read it.  I still am a little ambivalent towards them, but I do believe that many people will like this aspect of the book.  I was glad to see exposition of the stories with scripture.  We know that that any fiction is just that, but it is nice to see good explanations  of scripture alongside the narratives.  This dual look at Revelation is a new perspective as opposed to only one or the other.
Overall, I would recommend this book, especially to those who have more difficulty understanding the book of Revelation.   If someone wanted to do an in depth study of the whole book of Revelation, this book wouldn't be it, but it has a place in supplementing an in-depth study. 

I received this book from the publisher.  I was not required to give a positive review.  All ideas are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment