Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Legend of the Candy Cane Written by Lori Walburg Illustrated by Richard Cowdrey

The Legend of the Candy Cane
Written by Lori Walburg
Illustrated by Richard Cowdrey

Zonderkids



Christmas is a wonderful time of year.  There are so many things to enjoy, and one is the candy cane.  This beautifully illustrated picture book, tells the story Jesus through the use of a  candy cane.  It is set in the late 1800's and is about a little girl who helps a local storeowner set up his new candy shop.  As they unpack the candy canes, he explains to his little helper the story behind the "j" shape and red and white colors of the candy cane as a way to share about Jesus.

I read this book with my kids, who are 8, 10 and 12.  They all enjoyed it even though they are above the age that the book is geared towards.  I really liked their simple presentation of the gospel for young children.  As I already stated, the illustrations are beautifully painted and enjoyable for children and adults alike.

I highly recommend this as a wonderful book to give to your children or grandchildren.  Read it with them every Christmas. 


I received this book from the publisher for a review, all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment